A primary care physician is often faced with the challenge of diagnosing and finding effective treatment solutions for a large variety of conditions like depression, pain, and anxiety. Prescription medication is normally used for symptom management and the use of pharmacotherapy is continuously on the rise. Just for antidepressants alone, there has been a 400% increase in use over a 20 year time span between 1988-2008 in the U.S.
Medication monitoring with UDT or urine drug testing is a vital tool in providing physicians with complete information that will support any choices about medication therapy. Paradigm UDT may help physicians to:
• Identify the recent use of prescription, non prescribed medications as well as illicit substances
• Monitor and support choices about medication therapy, especially controlled substances
• Advocate for, and communicate with patients about personal treatment plans
• Detect medications that may result in any drug interaction
• Identify any possible medication or illicit drug abuse, diversion, or misuse
• Learn more about drug testing for general practices from assessment guidelines that are offered by clinical experts.
Contact us in order to learn more about UDT for primary practice physicians with Paradigm Laboratories.